Launch of the Hunter Regional Digital Economy Advisory Group
On August 17th over 30 Hunter based organisations, private and public companies and one university, will come together to form the Hunter Regional Digital Economy Advisory Group to discuss the development of a common vision and strategy for the Digital Economy over the next decade in the Hunter Region.
- Outline a common vision and industry goals.
- Articulate a way forward to achieve the vision, including priority issues to be addressed (including, but not limited to, access, skills, funding, innovation and infrastructure needs).
- Propose ways to build stakeholder engagement and commitment in delivering long-term digital industry sector needs. I
- dentify drivers for, and barriers to, growth and innovation in the industry.
- Develop recommendations and rationale of the strategies and actions proposed to be undertaken by industry, industry associations, educational and research institutions, and government to encourage growth of the local digital economy. Identify
- key performance indicators, progress and outcome metrics, clear benchmarks and timeframes.
- Clearly identify roles and responsibilities.
If you like more information on the Hunter Regional Digital Economy Advisory Group or your organisation would like to attend this gathering, please just email Gordon@digitalnewcastle.com.au.